Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Meet some of my friends...

So after all of what has been going on I wanted to share with you about a couple friends who have been such a blessing to us.

First meet Misti. Misti has a son named Calvin, who happens to be about 9 days older than Ian! She is by far one of the sweetest ladies I know. Incredibly enough, she is always willing to have Ian over (and me too), even though she has Calvin and a part time job and is a wife! This is our friend that Ian has a crush on. Every time we get in the car he asks if we are going to "Teetee's". Isn't that cute? I love it. Although it is a little hard to explain to him that just because we are in the car it doesn't mean we are on our way to see Misti. ;) One thing that Misti has done to bless our life is that she offers to to help ALL the time. So when I need a babysitter for Ian during my doctor appointments, I always know I can count on her to be there for me. Most recently though I feel bad for asking her because I have not been able to return the favor. So I try to treat her to lunches and snacks as much as we can to make sure she knows she is appreciated. (I should mention that one of my love languages is gifts, so this is a way I can show her that we love her). One of the most recent things Misti did was pick up Ian and take him to the mall to walk with her and Calvin! This gave me some much needed time to try and rest and get a few things done around the house.

Second meet Linsdey and Kyle. We met them in our newly wed FLOCK at church the week after Ian was born. I am not sure why I remember this so well, but I do! So Lindsey's husband Kyle works one to two weeks on and one to two weeks off, so Lindsey is always willing to watch Ian when her husband is at work. More recently though, they both enjoy watching him. They are always willing to help us out, even at the last moment. We have been able to enjoy many a date nights and run many errands because they were so willing to help. This has been so great for Justin and I! Also, I should mention that one time I paid her for babysitting and she emailed me the next day to tell me she won't be accepting money from us anymore. How amazing is that? I can't wait till they have kids so we can return the favor for them! Until then we will try to find ways to let them know that we appreciate them. Here is the most recent report from when they kept Ian. I had emailed her to let her know that Ian was still asleep at 9:45 in the morning, so it was official that he would be coming over every night to get worn out! Here is what she said:

Haha awesome! I’m glad we could wear him out. We stayed outside most of the evening since it wasn’t too warm. We played chase so he was running in circles for about 20 minutes. Then we turned on some music and Kyle and I were two-stepping. Ian was laughing and got really shy when he saw us dancing together so I grabbed him and started two stepping with him- he was so embarrassed but was cracking up! It was super cute. He’s a fun & happy kid- you and Justin should be proud. Can’t wait to meet Owen so we can have fun with him too!


I wish I could list all of the people in our life that have babysat for free for us. The list could literally go on and on! What a blessing it has been to us. Also, the people who have offered to help me out during this pregnancy could make a pretty long list too. Thank you Lord for the people in our life. Help me to be to them as they are to me!

1 comment:

Misti said...

Thanks for this sweetness! I love helping you out. You being my friend is payment enough. So no worries about repaying me. Love ya! Owen is a cutie.