Monday, June 21, 2010

yep, another post...

I usually don't do two posts this in the same day, but I couldn't not post this next video.

I thankfully haven't had to go through the loss of a child. I do, however, have many friends who have experienced this feeling. For those of you who have not heard about the story with Steven Curtis Chapman and his wife, Mary Beth, you can read about it here. It happened in May of 2008. I remember feeling so very sad because at the time I was pregnant with Ian, my friend Lucy had just lost her daughter a month before this. I just don't know if I would have been the strong person that all of my friends have been when they lost their child. It makes me sad just remembering their stories.

All of this to say, I am guessing that the Chapman's wrote this song after the death of there 5 year old daughter. In any case it is a song that is so encouraging that I just had to share it with you all.

I have to say that I am blessed beyond measure. I struggle with depression, but it is songs like this that remind me that Our God is in Control! Praise God for that my friends!


No comments: