Friday, June 18, 2010

Listening to God...

So I am lying in bed at about 5:30 this morning eating chocolate donettes and drinking diet Dr. Pepper and my mind starts to sing a Veggie Tales song. (what this isn't what you were doing at 5:30 this morning? I thought this was a normal thing for everyone. Hmm, I guess it could be because I am pregnant and wake up hungry and with headaches, but no that couldn't be it. Maybe you are the weird one for not doing this, did you ever think about that?)

Yes, I said Veggie Tales song. You see the only bad thing about Veggie Tales videos is that they aren't long enough, so we end up watching the same one over and over and over through out the day. I know, I could get up off the couch every 30 minutes and change it to a new one, but really lets just get realistic. Ok, so the song I started to think of this morning was "keep walking, cause you won't knock down our wall" It is from the story about Joshua and the wall of Jericho.

It came to me this morning, what if Joshua would have listened to the taunters? The people who were probably making fun of him for thinking that walking around the wall all those times would cause it to fall. How many lives would have changed if he started to walk and then decide that he heard God wrong and turn around and head back to camp?

Have you ever done that? Felt like God was telling you to do something, but then when you got close to doing it you got scared and decided that it wasn't what God wanted? Or some how justify not doing it? I can tell you that I have done this on several different occasions. I also walk away and ask God to forgive me, like even though I decided it wasn't what I was supposed to do, I want to cover my butt in case it was what I was supposed to do.

Is there something that God is calling you to do, but you keep putting it off? If so, lets stop putting it off and get it done! I say "lets" because there is something God has been telling me to do and I haven't listened to him, so I am right there with you.

Ok, so since this has been a long post I will reward you with a picture of the cutest chocolate covered boy in the world!

No comments: