- Lose 100 pounds
- (you don't need to see this, just trust me that I did it)
- Go on a trip with just Justin
- Go on a trip somewhere fun with just Justin and the kids
- Sew more
- Take some sort of class, like cake decorating, photography, or crafting class
- Have all of our boxes cleared out of the garage
- Run an entire 5K race
- Go camping in the back yard
- Do a cartwheel
- Go snorkeling
- Take a self defense class
- Take a girls trip to Las Vegas with my closest girl friends
- Get my passport
- Go to a Broadway musical in New York
- Go to an OSU football game
- Be in more pictures with Justin and the kids
- Write an article and submit it to a newspaper or magazine
- Have purple highlights in my hair
- Throw a birthday party for an underprivileged kid
- Sponsor a child through compassion international
- Go to a formal event with Justin
- Have a FRIENDS marathon weekend where I (and anyone else who wants to join me) watch all 10 seasons of FRIENDS in order. This may be more of a 2 weekend event
- Take the family to Disney World
- Re-do our wedding vows (after losing weight)
- Audition for a musical
- Make a family year book at least once
- Pay for a strangers meal
- Buy a bike and go on rides with my kids/family
- Host more get togethers
- Be able to wear a pair of boots that come to my knee
- Discover my inner Wonder Woman
- (I don't want to post this as it has to do with my husband)
- Wear makeup everyday for a month
- Buy fancy but comfy pajamas
- Serve others more than myself
- Do a Bible study and actually complete it
- Find a way to contribute to our families finances without compromising my role as a mom and wife
- Have another child, either biological or through adoption
- Climb an indoor rock climbing wall
Friday, February 19, 2016
It occurred to me this week that I haven't been checking things off of my list of 40 things to do before I turn 40. With my 35th birthday coming up I wanted to revisit that list and see where I am on checking things off. Let's start with saying I've got a lot to do before I turn 40! I can't believe it has been almost 2 years since I made this list and I've only crossed off 7 things! I've got to get busy!
Wednesday, February 3, 2016
I didn't realize until this very moment that I hadn't blogged in forever! So today I shall blog about what all is going on in the life of me!
There is nothing like a diagnosis from your doctor to get you thinking about being more healthy. At a recent trip to the doctor I was told my cholesterol was high. Now to some this may not be a shocker, I mean I am over weight and not very active. To me though I was surprised! When it comes to things like cholesterol and blood pressure and all those things they test for at the doctor I have always had good reports. There was this one time my OBGYN told me I was pre, pre diabetic. That is when I lost 60 pounds.
So after talking to my husband and doctors I decided it was time to go back to weight watchers. I loved weight watchers back before I had kids and I lost the 60 pounds. However, in the years since then they changed how things worked. For an emotional eater and someone who likes routine, this was not good. However, neither is high cholesterol, so off to weight watchers is was for me.
I joined about a week ago and had my first weigh in yesterday. I lost 5 pounds! Yay! I know it won't be like that every week, but I was super excited! Now to continue on plan and hope they don't change things on me at the peak of my weight loss.
Man, this blog post sounded so much better last night as I was laying in bed trying to go to sleep. It always does. One of these days I will just get up and type or write what I'm thinking, that way you all can read those poetic posts. :)
I guess that is it for now. If you think of me, please say a prayer that I will stick with this weight loss thing and truly change my way of life.