Ian has yet to understand the concept of people and their different accents. So with that being said, while we were on our way home from vacation we stopped in Mississippi for dinner and there was this cutie pie of a little girl running around and she was talking with a really REALLY thick accent. She said something to her little friend that was with her and Ian asked me "why is she saying 'thar'?" I tried to explain that she was saying 'there', I still don't think he understood though. ;)
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Tonight I was singing the song "Oh when the Saints" and Ian said to me "No, sing Ian the saints". It took me a few seconds to figure out what he meant by that. Then it hit me and I started laughing. He thought I was singing "Owen the saints"!!!
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
YOU KNOW YOU ARE FROM OKLAHOMA IF:
1. You can properly pronounce Eufaula, Gotebo, Okemah, Poteau and Chickasha.
2. You think that people who complain about the wind in their states are sissies.
3. A tornado warning siren is your signal to go out in the yard and look for a funnel.
4. Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor on the highway...or just 10 cars slowing down on the highway at all.
5. You've ever had to switch from "heat" t...o "A/C" in the same day.
6. You know that the true value of a parking space is not determined by the distance to the door, but by the availability of shade.
7. You measure distance in minutes.
8. You refer to the capital of Oklahoma as "The City."
9. A traffic problem involves two cars staring each other down at a four-way stop, each determined to be the most polite and let the other go first.
10. You know in which state Miam-uh is and in which state Miam-ee is.
11. You aren't surprised to find movie rental, ammunition, and bait (and sometimes tanning) all in the same store.
I should mention that I did #5 yesterday :)
(I got this off of someones fb status. I cannot take credit for it myself)
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
I am pleased to announce that I am going to be a farmer. Okay, not really, but I did buy some strawberries and planted them today! I will keep you updated on how things go with them. I am worried about them because of the strong Oklahoma wind, but we shall see. Hopefully we will get some good berries out of them!