Tuesday, June 29, 2010

borderline, so why worry...

I had an ultra sound at my high risk doctor today. At first it seemed like everything was good, but then when the doctor came in (at first the ultra sound tech is in there doing things then the doctor comes in after and takes a look too) he said that the baby was on the small side growth wise. When I first heard this it didn't bother me much because Ian was always on the small side, I mean he was 5 lbs 14 oz at birth! But then I have thought about it since being at the office and this little guy has been measuring pretty much right on at every ultra sound, so now I may be a little bit more concerned about that. Anyways, because of his growth and something about low blood flow we are having to up our non stress tests to twice a week instead of once a week.

So at first I was thinking, ok not a big deal. Then the nurse came in and took my blood pressure and it was 140/84. Which they didn't seem too worried about, but compared to what my bp usually is that is high. I also know that my regular OBGYN wouldn't be too thrilled with this. But again, I wasn't going to worry myself needlessly.

We headed home and I went and picked up our son from our friends house (who I think Ian has a bit of a crush on by the way) and we watched Elmo for a little bit then laid down for a nap. Oh naps! I needed one bad because I had woken up around 3 and was awake till sometime after 4:30 this morning. I was sleeping really good when the phone rang. I waited to hear who was calling (yes our phone speaks to us and tells us who is calling). It was my doctor's office so I answered it. Ugh. Between the results from this mornings ultra sound and my last 24 hour urine test they are calling me borderline pre eclamptic. So I have to go in today for a non stress test and get a shot to help Owen's lungs develop just in case we have to deliver earlier than we had planned.

I have such a great husband that even though our friend Misti said she could watch Ian this afternoon when I go in, he came home so I could rest some more. What a wonderful guy I have! In fact he even took Ian and is getting us something to eat for lunch as I type this blog post.

Well I guess that is about all for now. I know I said I am ready for Owen to be here, but not like this. I want HIM to be ready too! Plus, we really aren't ready when it comes to the house being ready and being packed and so on. But we know that we serve a great God who has all things in his hands and in his control. So why worry right?


Why Worry sketch from Church on the Move on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you need an extra set of hands to get things ready around the house, let me know! Ryan is in school all day on Tuesdays and Thursdays...I could come help out. You can sit and relax and bark orders at me! I am more than happy to help in any way I can! Besides, that would earn me some extra Owen-holding time later, right? ; )