Tuesday, May 4, 2010

getting more and more crafty!

Have I told you lately how much I LOVE Hobby Lobby? Well I do! I will admit that today I broke my own rule and paid full price for a few items, but non of them were over $5, so I excused myself. Plus it was my birthday money I was using so I didn't feel as much of a need to save money. Although, if I had known that I was going to make a trip to Hobby Lobby today I would have printed off my 40% coupon. Perhaps I should just print it off and keep it in my wallet each week.

Here are my latest crafts for Ian's room! I am so proud of them. I can't wait till they dry and I can hang them up.

This picture frame was plain wood ($4.99) and the scrapbook paper ($.59), used some good ole' Mod Podge to put the paper on the frame. I have this handy dandy tool (picture below) to cute the edges nice and straight. Also, I love the little type writer key looking things for Ian's name! They were $4.99, kind of pricey but they were the only thing that I liked, so I splurged. I also used Mod Podge to attach the letters.

So this plaque is the one thing I got that was 50% off! Original price $5.99. The little vehicles were like $.67 each, so not so bad on those either. Again, used Mod Podge to attach the wooden vehicles to the plaque. I was going to cover the plaque with some other paper I got, but it wasn't enough, so I decided it was cute just as it was and went with it. What do you think? Should I have covered it or does it look ok white?

This is my handy dandy cutting tool, Target for $4.99 (I think, I got it for Christmas, but this was my first time using it).

No comments: