Saturday, May 29, 2010

brownie goodness...

Seriously so good that I had to share them with everyone! I got the recipe off of Hershey's website (I also have it in my Hershey's cookbook). I made a few changes that I will share in the recipe. If anything, I would suggest making the frosting for something. It was SO yummy!


Ingredients: (I doubled this to make a 13x9 inch pan of them)


* 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted

* 1 cup sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (since I doubled this I used 1/3 cup regular cocoa and 1/3 cup dark chocolate cocoa)
* 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 cup chocolate syrup (this was my own personal addition, the recipe did not call for it)
* 1/2 cup chopped nuts(optional) (I did not add nuts, but lots of people said they added chocolate chips or peanut butter, which I think would be good)
* CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING(recipe follows)


Directions:

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan.

2. Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs; beat well with spoon. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in nuts, if desired. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.


3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Prepare CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING; spread over brownies. Cut into squares. About 16 brownies.



CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING (doubled this recipe too, best frosting EVER)


3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened

3 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa (I wouldn't use dark because it is so sweet already)
1 tablespoon light corn syrup or honey (I used honey because that is what I had on hand)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons milk

Beat butter, cocoa, corn syrup and vanilla in small bowl until blended. Add powdered sugar and milk; beat to spreading consistency. About 1 cup frosting.

No comments: