Sunday, May 16, 2010

11 years ago...

Eleven years ago yesterday my life was change forever! I should mention that 11 years ago I graduated high school, but that is not the life changing event I am talking about.

The birth of my first niece! I remember sitting at my graduation ceremony wishing the people who were speaking would hurry up so I could get to the hospital and see her. I spotted my family and they signaled to me that she was born and how big. After the ceremony people were wanting pictures and all I wanted to do was get the heck out of there and see this sweet girl that had entered the world!

You would think that with the other two nieces and one nephew that have been born it wouldn't be as exciting, but I love being at the hospital when they are born! I love all those kids so much. I hated that when my most recent niece was born I was on bed rest (while I was pregnant with Ian) and so I had to wait till my hubs got home from work to take me to the hospital, but thankfully we got there before she was born!

I can't believe that it has been 11 years since I became an Aunt. I told my niece on her birthday that she has to stop growing older and she said "get ready Aunt Jessica because it is going to happen"! Ha what a grown up answer she gave me. Not at all like my 9 year old niece who very graciously agreed to stop growing up. ;)


This picture is over a year old but it is so hard to get all of them together at the same time for a picture! Love those kids! (Kylie, Jacob, Kaitlynn, Ian, Elise)

No comments: