Friday, May 14, 2010

garage sale Friday...

I am seriously lovin' garage sales right now! I have had so much fun every Friday morning going out with my friend Misti and her son Calvin. It really is one of the highlights of my week.

As I mentioned in a previous post Misti and I have felt led to try and use this time as a time of ministering to those who host or even those out and about looking at the garage sale. This week was a particularly good week I thought because the one lady I talked to became emotional, not that that is our goal, but I feel like maybe it will get her thinking about where her faith is. Today I decided to pray that if they do know the Lord then perhaps our asking them if we can pray for them will prompt them to do the same to others.

As far as deals go...this week we hit the jack pot! And it was all at one garage sale! If we had more money we probably would have spent it at this one place! The stuff we got was in good condition and priced low!! I purchased 5 shirts for Ian, a pair of shoes, a kids Bible story book and an Elmo flash light. Then I got Justin and I a couple's devotional Bible. Total cost $8.50!

No comments: