Monday, February 16, 2009

The joys of being a mom!

Last night our schedule was a little different from normal because we took dinner to our friends from church who just had a baby. They live about 45 minutes away from us. I was so glad we got to go and visit with them and see there precious little Selah. She is very beautiful.

While we were in the Norman/Moore area we decided we might as well eat dinner while we were down there. So we went to Chili's and had some yummy food! While we were there Ian decided he was hungry, which it was about time for him to eat. So I decide that I am going to change him first and put his pj's on so that when we got home all we would have to do is put him in the crib. Well first off, I guess I didn't go through the diaper bag very well yesterday morning because we were all out of diapers, I'm talking zero, zilch, nada! So we decided we would just feed him and hope that he didn't have any sort of blow out while we were there!

Well when we got home I got Ian changed and ready for bed. However, this kind of woke him up a little bit. We still put him in his crib, hoping that he would fall asleep. I had to run to the store to get some more stuff to make his baby food with. He was crying when I got home and continued to cry for a while. I finally couldn't take it anymore and I went into his room to check on him and he had rolled over to his tummy! In addition to that he was covered in snot. I wish I would have taken a picture of it but I was too shaken up about it at the time. I felt like such a horrible mom. It was like he was trying to tell us that there was something wrong and we just didn't listen to him. Well after that I wouldn't let him go, so Justin and I read the Bible with Ian in my lap and then he started to settle down after that. Finally we went and put him back down for bed. We prayed with him again and told him that we loved him and that Jesus loved him and would protect him. This time he fell asleep pretty fast, I don't think he even cried.

It is a tough job being a parent. Sometimes you just don't even know how hard. But it is so rewarding as well. I have only been a mom for about 5 months now, but there are so many things that Ian does that make me happy. When he laughs, when he smiles and talks. I would say the list could go on and on, but he doesn't do much right now. Although we are teaching him sign language and Justin and I think he might be getting some of that down. Seriously we have a little genius on our hands! (obviously I am not a genius as I misspelled genius, thank God for spell check)

Well it is time to get Ian to settle down now and ready for his morning nap. I think he is getting there. We have on a calming CD that Justin got for him. I think he is ready for his nap, or at least will be in a while.

On a different note, I am going to try to make Justin donuts this morning. He has off work because of presidents day today! I will let you know how it goes.


This is Amberly and her baby Selah, me and Ian. Look at them holding hands! So cute. (ok, we were holding there hands to do that).

No comments: