Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's so hard to say goodbye!

Today we said goodbye...to Ian for about an hour! It was seriously the hardest hour of my life! We left him in the nursery at church for the first time tonight. I am glad we did it though. Since the class we went to was only an hour. If we did it on a Sunday we would have left him for like 3 hours. It was harder than I thought. I figured it wouldn't be too bad since I had left him with a babysitter before. I guess the difference is that I usually know the person he is being left with. I had never met the ladies who were in there tonight. They were nice, don't get me wrong. I started to tear up when we walked out and then again when we picked him up. Ugh! I didn't want to put him in his car seat, I just wanted to hold him forever.

On a lighter note, I was able to have a girls night at my house on Friday! I have the best husband in the world. He took Ian and hung out at a friends house whose wife came to my house for girls night. We had breakfast food for dinner and hung around and talked for several hours. It was great and a much needed break!


Girls night, us drinking our virgin mimosas :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What class did you go to?

tchncrt said...

We went to the "Discovering Henderson Hills" class that they offer from time to time.

Liesl said...

So So fun! I love the pics! And I also loved the girls night :) Cannot wait for the next one!