Saturday, January 31, 2009

About me, Chapter 1...

So I was lying in bed last night, ever so very tired, when I was thinking of the most wonderful things to say on my blog. The words were so eloquent and smart sounding, it was funny and oh so creative. I would like to know what happens to those words when I actually sit down to type? The stories and things I think of to say are completely gone by the time I wake up in the morning! But last night I was in bed and I thought it would be fun to write a little bit about myself. To let all of you get to know the real Jessica. So here goes, Chapter 1...(the following is rated PG-13, well just the second line).

So I really don't know what to say. I love chocolate, but I love my husband more, if you put them together it is an even better deal! ;) Ok, maybe to much information. But that is who I am. I like to be silly with just about everyone and have a problem with sarcasim. When I was in elementary I played softball and was a great pitcher. I played all the way through junior high and then once we moved to OKC I quit because the school played fast pitch and it scared me! I also played basketball in junior high. Probably some of my greatest moments were on the court. I'm just kidding about that, but it sounded good didn't it! Once again when we moved to OKC I tried out for the girls basketball team at school and was intimidated by all the "good" players (you can ask me in an email why I put quotes around the good) and decided to pursue music instead. That is when I joined choir. I think that I told people I didn't make the team, when the truth is I quit. I wish now that I would have faced my fear and kept trying. Who knows what a differnce that would have made in my life. Although, if it would change who I am married to I wouldn't want that, so no regrets.

When I was in elementary school I wanted to be an artist. I thought I was good, but my cousin was way better! I think she might still be artistic. I am not an artist by any means now. At some point I changed my mind and decided I wanted to be an author. My mom even sent away for these kits to help us write childrens books. I don't remember any details about what happened with them, only that she did send away for them. I wrote this book in junior high that started out great. It took me several years to finish it. Once I decided to finish it I was in highschool (I think) and by that time my writing years had past so the ending wasn't as good as the start.

I am the youngest of three blood related siblings and the middle if you include my step siblings. Being the youngest isn't as easy as you think. I guess everyone sees life through different eyes though, so what I saw as tough, my brother and sister may have seen differently. Being the youngest was toughest when I was older and people refered to me as "Jennifer's sister" or "David's sister". Once they both graduated and were out of the youth group though I found the real me. It was funny because I remember my mom telling me one time that a lady came up to her at church and said "your daughter Jessica is so outgoing". She said she was like "my daughter?". Because at home I am quite and just let everone else do the talking. I still am like that a little today, although I talk a little more.

Ok, well that is all for this instalment of About me. Stay tooned to another one. I don't know how often I will write about me, but if you have any questions you would like for me to answer I will!

No comments: