Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Never would have thought...

The last week and a half has been crazy around our house. It started out with Ian getting sick. I'm talking throw up in the bed and in the car. YUCK. Then it turned to diarrhea, again not fun and a big YUCK! We thought he was getting over it, but Sunday morning I was hit with a huge wave of gross when I opened Ian's door. I had to take him directly to the bathtub and clean him up.

To make a long story longer and a little more graphic, Ian has continued to have this sickness. We took him to the doctor and they said he was hydrated and that he should get over it soon. Well since he didn't I called back and they said we could do some tests on his stool. That brings us to today.

Today was a day full of poop. There I said it. It is really the only way to describe my day. It started out with Owen, yep Owen has it now. Owen was covered in poop, his crib was covered in it too, dolls, sheets, EVERYTHING!!!

So I cleaned him up in the bathtub, which let me just say is much harder to do with a one year old than with a three year old. With Ian he understood what needed to be done, Owen not so much. He wanted out so bad and was shivering. I felt so bad for him.

After that I got Ian changed (yep, nasty diaper). Then I realized that Owen had "stuff" under his nails. Never thought I would be cutting my sons nails because there was poop under them.

Now then back to Ian. His doctor had told us they could do a test, but we had to collect his stool (like how I keep changing how I say poop?). Never in my life did I think I would be scooping poop out of my sons diaper with a tongue depressor. Let me just tell you that I never, NEVER want to do that again! YUCK! But I sure hope they figure out why he still has this nasty sickness. :( Poor kid.

Somewhere in the midst of all of this I washed sheets and dolls and drove madly to the doctor's office and to the Lab to drop off his samples for them to test.

So there you go. The day of poop. Hoping it is over and that it never happens again. I know what you are thinking, you are completely jealous of my day. Right? No? Oh well I can dream that someone is jealous of my day of poop.

No comments: