Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fun food day...

I declared today to be fun food day! We had our friends Misti (aka: Teetee) and Calvin over for lunch and play time.

I made hot dogs with spaghetti pulled through them (they looked cool, but the kids preferred the hot dogs with out the spaghetti). It was easy to make, you just push uncooked spaghetti noodles through a piece of hot dog then cook them like you would normally.

We had cheese in the shape of a teddy bear and alligator (all though the boys thought it was a dinosaur). This is pretty self explanatory, but just in case I will tell you that I took a cookie cutter and cut out shapes in sandwich cheese. :)

Last we had apple mouths (not sure if that is the official name but I will call them that). That is apples with a little bit of peanut butter and then mini marshmallows in the middle! I think that was my favorite part of lunch.

At nap time Ian prayed and thanked God for fun food day! That just made my day! Here are some pictures of our food from today and a few silly photos of me and the boys with our cheese goatees. :)





The boys were using the cheese slices as phones. Since it was fun food day I allowed it. :)

1 comment:

Misti said...

This was so much fun! Too bad I didn't make the cheese pics. Wait I am always the cheese in the pics. Ha!