Monday, October 10, 2011

cookies and company...

Let me first start by saying we are done with the sickness that Ian had! Two weeks it lasted. I know our entire family is so happy that it is done and over with!

Which brings me to our company. Justin's parent's, sister and Aunt are here for a visit! We are having a good time. The boys are doing really good with them. On Saturday we went to the outlet mall and shopped and then had lunch at Smashburger (of course)! They were so sweet and bought the boys lots of clothes! Yesterday we met them at church and then had lunch at Johnnies (mmm!) The rain made for a good setting to have naps, so the boys and I headed home to lay down. Today we are planning on going to Mardel, which I am very excited about because we haven't been there in a while!
So we took this family picture at church on Sunday. I planned ahead and fixed my hair and of course the one time I have a good hair day, Ian is right in front of my face so you can't tell. Oh well.

The boys in their matching PJ's that his family got him! Yes, Ian is playing with an iPhone, Grandpa was letting him watch videos.

Owen turned 15 months on the 8th! He is getting so big and just walks all over the place. I just love watching him grow! See his one month picture here.



Last night I made cookies (I kind of bribed Ian while getting his hair cut. I told him if he would just let me cut it I would make cookies). They were good, at least I thought so. I found the recipe on one of my friends Pinterest boards. It was a Pioneer Woman recipe (I will share it below, it's easy as 1,2,3).


Nutella Cookie recipe (Found here at Pioneer Woman)

  • 1 cup Nutella
  • ½ cups Sugar
  • 1 cup All-purpose Flour
  • 1 whole Egg
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter chips (not on the original recipe)
  • 1/2 cup marshmallows (Not on the original recipe, I actually will leave these out the next time I make them, they didn't really add anything to the cookies)

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Blend all ingredients together well. Form into 1″ balls. Place on a cookie sheet. Press down firmly with the bottom of a glass. Bake 7-8 minutes or until set. Cool.

No comments: