Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I feel like a real mom Gepetto!

Today was the first time in a long time that I have felt like a real mom. In the morning I took Ian outside and had him sit in the wagon while I pulled weeds! Then we took naps (well Ian took a nap, I got to shower and then lay down for a short period of time before he woke up).

At lunch my friend Misti called and asked if we wanted her to bring us lunch and let our boys play. I of course said yes! So we got to have lunch with our friends and since it was so nice outside still I asked if she would want to take the boys outside to play. She said yes.

We brought the side walk chalk outside for the boys to play with, although I think Misti might have had more fun with that, as you will be able to see in one of the pictures a nice drawing of a flower. Then we got bubbles going and "paint". We filled a plastic container with water and let the boys "paint" the garage with it. It was really interesting to see the different ways the boys played. Calvin was really into "painting" the garage and Ian was more into playing with the water in the container. Over all they had a great time! And so did I.

I felt really happy today. Not that I have been sad lately or anything but I just felt a sense of joy today. Being able to watch my boy play and enjoy the company of friends was just a great way to spend my day. I am so grateful for all of my friends.


1 comment:

Misti said...

I really did enjoy decorating your driveway. Our boys are so cute!