Sunday, April 18, 2010

19 months!

I never thought I would be a mom that taught her kids things. I know that sounds weird, but I just have always been the one who likes to play and do fun stuff (like with my nieces and nephew), but as a mom I am totally different! And I am glad, because if I were playing all the time I wouldn't have so many cute stories to share. Here are a few things Ian is learning...

1. To shake hands. He loves to shake hands, sometimes he gets shy though and won't do it, we are working on that.

2. To be a gentlemen. When I say to him "can you be a gentleman?" He will kiss my hand! So far he has done this to Nana too (and also Daddy, but I am trying to tell him he doesn't have to do this with boys).

3. He says "cheese" whenever we get the camera out. Of course he also says it when we don't have out the camera, but he will smile real big when he says it, so he knows it is a way to smile. If that makes sense at all.

4. To make animal noises. He can say what a dog says, a lion and sometimes a cow. We are working on ducks and cats too right now, but he hasn't seemed to catch on to those yet.

5. To do sign language. He can do the signs for more, milk, water, food, and thank you! He also will cross his arms when I ask if he can say I love you. Because I will do that when I am saying I love you (you know where you point to yourself (I) then cross your arms over your chest (love) and then point to the other person (you).) I don't know that that is really sign language but it is cute!

And these are just a few of the things that Ian has learned in his 19 months of living! The crazy thing is sometimes I don't know where he gets the things he does. I love that boy so much! I can't imagine what my life would be like if he weren't in it. Happy 19 months my sweet Ian.
(it is getting harder and harder to get a good picture of him by the Curious George doll)


(To see Ian's one month picture click here)

No comments: