Friday, February 19, 2010

We made it through, we made it through...

Yesterday. Yes let's talk about yesterday. If I could put a label on yesterday it would be "by far the hardest day as a mom yet".

It all started out ok, but then by lunch time I wanted to run outside screaming pulling my hair out! Just one thing after another. Ian was disobedient and didn't even want to eat or drink his milk. I gave verbal warnings, hand spankings and finally just had to take him to his crib and close the door. After 30 minutes (yes I left my kid crying in his crib for 30 minutes) I finally decided we just needed to get out of the house. I was just emotionally and physically drained, but anything would be better than listening to Ian cry the rest of the day. So we set out to the park and then just drove around for a while until Ian was sleepy.

Once we got home we took a really good nap. I thought that was going to be the end of it. That a great nap would make everything better. I was SO wrong. Ian was a toot the rest of the evening and I was in pain the rest of the evening. Poor Justin just got thrown in to it when he got home. I just kept saying "all day, this is what it has been like all day".

Bed time for Ian couldn't have come soon enough. Thankfully Ian has always been a good sleeper and so even though it was a rough day he still went to bed at his regular time and all I could think at that point was "we made it through, we made it through".

I love being a mom and even after days like yesterday I wouldn't have my life any other way. I do freak out about having a second one and how I will be able to handle two kids. But I look at my friends who have more than one and know that they survive.

I know that there will be hard days again in the future. But today I rest in knowing that I made it through yesterday, so I will be able to make it through any future difficult days as well.

No comments: