Monday, April 27, 2009

Making an apron...

I am so excited! I have been wanting to get or make an apron for so long. Seriously when I cook/bake I just wipe my hands on whatever I am wearing. The worst part about that is when I have somewhere to go and I forgot that I have wiped my dirty hands on my shirt or pants! Oh well, I blame everything on being a new mom. When will that excuse stop being valid?

So I have told you all about my very talented friend Haley (see PBandJane). She helped me make a blanket for Ian before. She is gong to help me make an apron! We met up at Hobby Lobby the other day and got the material and lace for the apron. I had found a pattern that I liked at Wal-Mart a few days earlier so I brought that along and we had a good ole' time! Only to be cut short by my dentist appointment. Ugh. Here is a picture of the material that I got and the pattern that I am using is in the picture too. The one I want to make is in the middle (red polka dot apron).
Also I am so excited to tell you about the MOM’S NIGHT OUT FOR OKLAHOMA WOMEN BLOGGERS! For more info go to Blogging Basics 101. I am going to it with my friend Lindsey! I am so excited!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute! Don't forget to show us the finished product!

HaleyP said...

yeah!! I can't wait for us to get started sewing!!!