Friday, January 14, 2011

More of my recent crafts...

Last week on facebook there was a fun little challenge going around for crafty people. I actually do not consider myself crafty. I do love working on crafty things, however I feel I am much too inexperienced at it to call myself crafty.

Anyways, someone started this:
is participating in "Pay It Forward for Creative People": I promise to send something handmade to the first 5 people who leave a comment to this update. HERE'S THE CATCH: You must in turn promise to post this and send something you made to the first 5 people who leave a comment to Your update. The rules are that it must be handmade by you and it must be sent to your 5 people sometime in 2011!
I thought it sounded fun, so I re-posted it and started thinking of what I would make those that left comments on it. Here is what I came up with!

This first one is for someone who mentioned she likes to cook. It is a recipe holder! I got the cupcake deal at Hobby Lobby (of course) and then just used Mod Podge on the back to attach a clothes pin to it. I also put a little piece of paper on the back to cover up the excess tag that I couldn't scrape off. I also used a scrap book "sticker" and put it on the front. It says "nothing say lovin' like something from the oven". I think that is my favorite part!




The second two are picture frames with magnets on the back. They work perfectly for your fridge or perhaps a file cabinet at work. These were easy to make. I bought a package of cardboard frames and used Mod Podge to put the scrap book paper on it. Then used scrap book "stickers" to make it stand out a little more (on the first one it says "special little memories" and on the second one it says "blessed").




Can you tell I love Mod Podge? I am pretty sure it is the best thing ever! I am sure I have only begun to see what all Mod Podge can be used for. Have you seen this blog, Mod Podge Rocks? It is such a fun blog to go to. Although you very well may end up spending all day looking at all the fun things.

Some day I hope to be able to call myself crafty. But until that point I am going to enjoy "practicing". It really is a fun thing to do.

No comments: