Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pushing 4 miles...

I'm not kidding when I tell you guys that I hate exercise. It is my least favorite activity to plan. However, with that being said, I know it is important. I know that if I am going to ever loose this weight I will need to eat less and move more! 

Lately a group of my friends and I have been walking, at least once a week, a four mile walk! Let me tell you friends, the first time I complained a lot (this is not just coming from me, but from one of my friends on the walk)! I did not think I was going to make the walk and it wasn't the long walk either, it was more like 2.5 or 3 miles. 

The second time I walked it I did 4 miles and didn't complain (or at least not much). Again, this was noticed by one of my walking buddies! I was so sore and tired after this long walk. I came home laid on the couch. Had my husband get the ice pack for me and drank lots of water! 

This week, for some reason I was sore before I even started out. I wasn't sure I was going to complete the entire walk. I pushed through though. It wasn't easy. Twice I almost skipped the long way and went back to the house. I was ready to be home, to put my feet up and have the ice pack on. But then it occurred to me. What would make me more proud, to be able to say I completed 3 some miles or to be able to say I completed 4 miles? The answer to that was obvious...4 miles! Then I thought of how bad my feet hurt, I'm talking they were each one giant blister! But I thought to myself "are my feet going to hurt any less if I go back to the house now? Not really. Are they going to hurt any more if I complete the 4 miles? Not really. So that was my answer...Push through the pain and discomfort and finish strong! 

I'm not going to lie, I started to cry a couple of times and at some point I was quoting Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength". 

My goal is to be able to walk (or perhaps crawl) up this big hill that is part of the walk. The hill actually makes the "trail" 4.1 miles. Last night I went a little farther up than before. Next time I plan to go half way up! 


No comments: