Friday, January 18, 2013


I feel as thought I should update on how we are going. Not that there are any people other than family reading this, but just in case, here goes. 

Moving was crazy! They called on a Friday and said we are moving you Saturday. Um, okay, I guess I should get things ready. Thankfully I had a whole bunch of stuff packed up from getting our house de-cluttered for showings, so it wasn't too stressful. Saturday morning came around and the movers began packing up the rest of our things. This was weird. I mean these strangers were touching all of our things and knew everything we owned. Not that they cared, this was normal for them to do. Still strange to me. 

Before the movers were even done I headed to our new home with the boys. They were being a little mischevious so we decided to leave early. Justin ended up staying till much later because he had to clean the floors and stuff before he left. We spend the next two nights sleeping on an air mattress (Justin and I) and nap mats (the boys). 

Monday, December 24th, yep Christmas Eve, the movers showed up! They began unload all of our things. Some things went in the house, but most things were put in the garage to go through later. About an hour after the movers left we headed back to the OKC area to spend Christmas with Nana and Papa and the rest of our family that would be in town.

Christmas day was great! The boys woke up to their Santa gifts (bikes) and most of our family got to come by for a short time. The crazy part was it began to snow! Because of the snow anyone who drove to Nana and Papa's house decided to make it a quick trip so as not to be stranded. It was still enjoyable though, although quite rushed. 

Christmas afternoon Justin had to leave to come back to our new home, since he had to work the next day. The boys and I stayed in OKC so that we could spend a little more time with Nana and Papa and drop off the air mattress that we borrowed from our friends. 

Since then we have spent many days just hanging out at home, trying to unpack. The kitchen took the longest, especially since it took us two weeks to find our plates and silverware! Needless to say, I'm pretty thankful for paper plates and plastic ware!  

There are still a ton of boxes that need to be gone through, but we seem to be at a point in the unpacking that all of the necessities are unpacked. The boys seem to finally be getting better at sleeping later. For the first few weeks they were waking up between 6:30 and 7:00. Something I am not use to at all!!! This week however, they have been sleeping in till 7:30 or 8:00, which is more to my liking. 

I guess that is about it for now. We are hoping to find a church home soon. Also, big news will be in March when we register Ian for Pre-K!

No comments: