Thursday, January 24, 2013

being a mom...

As a mom you come to learn that being unappreciated is part of the job. Especially when they are young. Not that you do things for your children just to get appreciation, however it sure would be nice. 

The other day Ian was asking me to play with him. I was sitting on the couch looking at the computer. He then said "all you do is look at the computer and tv." Oh man, that was a slap in the face. Here I thought I was doing a great job being a mom, but not so much. Well that was just the wake up call I needed to get up and start playing with the boys. 

Hide and seek is one of our favorite games to play. Ian, as I said in a previous post, really likes playing the Wii. 

I do want to continue to make a point to play with my kids, take them on adventures, however it feels like the more I play with them the more they want me to play with them! It's like a drug or something! This mamma needs a break! And a little appreciation for all that we did yesterday sure would be nice. I mean bowling, Wii, playing outside, and art projects you can eat. Does it get any better? 

Anyways, that was just my little rant for the day. I'm worn out.

No comments: