Sunday, June 19, 2011

I think crafting runs in my family...

This week was SO much fun! First, I decided last Sunday to help out at Vacation Bible School (VBS). I had actually felt God leading me to do this before then, but pushed it away and made excuses. I am SO glad that I finally listened to His calling. VBS was so much fun and I will for sure be helping out next year!

My two older nieces came and stayed with us Tuesday afternoon through Thursday afternoon. It was a lot of fun. I had lots of things planned for us to do, but we didn't get to them all. One of the things we did was crafts! I had bought a t-shirt and capri pants at a garage sale and told my oldest niece that she could do what she wanted with them. Then the younger of the two dove right in and started to craft too! They both did sewing things. I was super impressed, actually I think they are better then me or will be soon anyway. :) Here are the projects they made.


Kylie made a purse out of the capri pants and then used the flowers from the t-shirt to add to the design. She found some tulle and some other matterial that I had on hand and used it as a strap and then to put as a "belt" around the "waist" of the purse.


Kaitlynn made this cute coin purse! She used part of some jeans and then some tulle as an accessory. She gave this to me :) I am proud to use it and show it off to others!

I just love those girls and am so proud of what great young ladies they are becoming. I just know great things are in store for them!

No comments: