Tuesday, August 5, 2008

God uses so many things to speak to us...

So who would have thought that God could use a christian fiction romance novel to speak to me? As I have mentioned in previous posts my sister in law, Stephanie, sent me a box full of books to enjoy while on bed rest. Well last week I read 3 of them (I finished each one in about a day or two). Well yesterday I started another one and of course finished it by late in the evening! There was something in all of these books that spoke to me though, that is that worrying is a sin. We need not be anxious about anything. The Bible says that in Matthew 6:25 "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body, more that clothing?" vs 34 "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." I tell you what these are the words I need to hear! Part of the scripture that I didn't list says that he takes care of the birds of the air and the grass in the fields, how much more is he going to take care of one of his children? I want to leave you with this quote from the book that I just finished by Lori Wick (The Princess).

"God is able to bear all that you are fretting about. He has made a plan. He has made provision. There are no shoulders larger or more capable than His. Give that worry, whatever it is, to God." (after reading that I felt like I needed to highlight it in the book, like I should be taking notes as in a text book or my Bible)

No comments: