Monday, July 30, 2012

Talking to our kids...

Ian is almost 4. I am truly loving this age (well minus the tantrums and getting hit). He is so fun to talk to and understands so much!

Today somehow we got on the topic of heaven. Ian made the statement that everyone will go to heaven. I decided to take a moment and try to explain to him that sadly not everyone will go to heaven. That you have to believe in Jesus. He followed that with "well, I believe in Jesus. You believe in Jesus, daddy believes in Jesus. Does Owen believe in Jesus?" I just told him that I hope that someday Owen would. 

He then asked how we get to heaven, like can we go now. I told him that we have to die first. He asked how to do that. I told him we just wait till God wants us to come to heaven and that He would let us know when. :) That seemed to satisfy him. 

Then somehow we started talking about how when he gets to heaven he will be able to hang out with Christy (our baby that we lost last month). He was so sweet and seemed so excited. Then he remembered how I had shown him a picture from a pregnancy website of what the baby looked like before we lost her. (we don't know if the baby was a boy or girl, but since he named the baby Christy, I refer to her as a girl) 

I just love having these moments with my kids. Owen is really starting to talk more and I can't wait to be able to talk to him about God and heaven and how to get to heaven! 

Thank you LORD for my beautiful boys. 

No comments: