Thursday, February 7, 2013

List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could...

30 things my kids should know about me: List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.

1. True love is not felt, it is worked at.
2. Begin to eat healthy and work out now. Maybe even start Weight Watchers. It only becomes harder with age. 
3. Don't be afraid to try new things. It's true what they say, life is short.
4. Don't be afraid to show God's love to those around you. There are a few that won't make it past their 20's and you could be the only Jesus they see.
5. Be yourself, always.
6. Remember that no one is perfect. When others make mistakes, love on them, you will be on the other end of that someday.
7. Spend extra time with the grandparents. Get to know them and about the history of your family.
8. Did I mention that true love is not a feeling? Because I think that is a huge thing to remember. 
9. Don't get in debt (okay, that is more like something to tell my college self, but still worth mentioning).
10. Invest in Google (HA! This is what my husband said, I thought it was good enough to put on here). 

So I'm not actually 16 here, but this is me at about age 17 or 18. That is my niece, she is now 13. Oh man I'm old!


If you are keeping track of the original list that I am going off of, you may have noticed I skipped number 3. It is a pretty deep question and I want to make sure I answer it with wisdom and respect to my husband. 
 

No comments: