Monday, July 4, 2011

Dare I use the title "Happy 4th of July"...

Today was such a great day. I just really enjoyed it. We had my mom and step dad over for breakfast and some morning play time! Here is our day in words and pictures...

Breakfast consisted of french toast with berry butter and bacon, recipe brought to you by none other than The Pioneer Woman. Let me tell you, the berry butter is SO good and SO worth making. Her recipe called for blackberries and raspberries, however when I went to the store they were out of blackberries and I am not a huge fan of raspberries. So I got blueberries and strawberries. The blueberry butter was the best tasting but not as pretty. The strawberry butter was good too and it looked pretty. I think that the blueberry won hands down, not that it was a competition. I can't believe I didn't take any pictures! Oh well, go check out PW and see what it should have looked like. :)

After breakfast we went outside while it was still "cool" (if you know anything about OK heat you know that I use that term loosely). We played with the "new" jeep (purchased at a garage sale), the new pool (Nana and Papa got it for Owen for his birthday). It was so much fun! Here are some pictures...


No comments: