Saturday, July 9, 2011

Happy birthday sweet Owen...

Today we celebrated our sweet Owen's first birthday! We had lunch at a local place called Johnnies Charcoal Oven. We were so blessed to have so many of our friends and family come and celebrate with us!

This year, after one failed try at making a veggie tales cake, we decided to order a cake. We have a friend from our church who does amazing things with cakes and cookies, so we decided to order from her. I was SO happy with the decorations that she did on the cake. I almost cried this morning when I saw how perfect it was! Now sometimes cakes can look pretty and just taste okay, however this cake not only looked great, but it tasted great too! And I am not the only one who felt that way! So many of the guests commented on how great it was too. I am kind of bummed though because she is going back to teaching so she won't be doing the cakes and cookies as much, which means if we don't get an order in at the right time then we may have to go else where. I really wish I had a lot of money and could just partner up with her in this business. You see she could do all the cooking and decorating, I could do PR and deliveries and deal with all the people. That would really be one of my dream jobs.



Oops, I guess I got off subject a little bit. Okay, back to Owen...

He loved the cake too! He just dove right into it! Unlike Ian, who even today took his pretty little time eating it, or should I say picking at it. So fun to see the way they are different and the ways they are similar!

Owen got lots of gifts today! Clothes and toys and more clothes and toys! We are so blessed! Here are some pictures of our big party!




1 comment:

Matt and Lacye said...

Awww... thanks Jessica! :)