Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Proverbs 31 woman...

I want to be a Proverbs 31 woman! I mean really who doesn't want this to be said about her? "Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: “Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all.”

I am learning as I read Proverbs 31 that this woman is not a lazy woman! She rises while it is still dark and provides food for her household (verse 15)! I am not a morning person at all. In fact waking up is the worst part of my day! When Justin and I were dating I told him that I would make him his lunches everyday once we were married. Do you know how many times I have done that? I am ashamed to say that I maybe did it once or twice in the almost 4 years we have been married.

I want to change that! It isn't hard to make a PB&J sandwich. I mean really, I could stop and do it right now if I wanted to. ;) Only then Ian would get into everything he is not supposed to get into. Maybe he could help? What do you think?

"She perceives that her merchandise is profitable." (verse 18) I want to make some money for our family. I know I am not currently called to work full time or even part time (outside of the home). But perhaps there is something I could do to help out with the finances. (I should mention that in NO way has Justin ever asked me to do this, this is just a new desire of my heart).

What are some things that you do that you would think a Proverbs 31 woman would do? I would love to hear some ideas! Join me in my quest to be a better wife and mother! Let's pray for our husband and our kids. Lets be an example of Christ to them and to those outside our family!

I want to be the sort of women that when her feet hit the floor in the morning Satan says "crap she is up!"

*Update* I just made Justin's lunch for tomorrow!

2 comments:

Liesl said...

I love this, Jess! What an awesome challenge, and I am definitely up for joining you :) My new favorite way to bring in some extra cash is finding things we no longer need and selling them on Craigs List or Ebay (because of shipping complications, I'm mainly doing bigger stuff on Craigs List and books, etc. on Ebay). It's a great way to both simplify our life and also bring in extra cash (especially since I only accept cash for Craigs List deals).

I'm also interested to read others' ideas, as I am currently looking for other ways to bring some extra fun money in while I am still *loving* this whole staying at home thing :)

mindi said...

It would be great to be like this :) I also have such a hard time making sandwhiches, I don't know why, it takes me 20 minutes to make the kids lunch!!