Monday, October 25, 2010

Depression and Anxiety...

It takes a special person to be married to a person who suffers from depression and anxiety. I happen to be married to that kind of person.

I am pretty sure it is a known fact that I suffer from depression and anxiety. Justin is so wonderful in helping me through those times. Like tonight, I was feeling pretty overwhelmed with laundry building up, the living room was a mess, I had a headache and to top it off I didn't have anything planned for dinner. This in turn resulted in a mild anxiety attack. Justin just sat down and said "Ok, lets figure out what we need to get done, first we need to eat so do you want to get us dinner while I stay with the kids or do you want me to take the kids and get us something?" Notice that both options gave me a break from the kids. He is so good! We also had Ian put his toys up and when I got home the living room looked SO much better. Now all I have is laundry (and I am sure a million other things that I will think of while in bed) to do.

I love my husband so much and I know that God brought us together. He is so patient and loving when I get in one of my "moods" and knows exactly how to handle it.

Here is the song that we had sung at our wedding. I am pretty sure it so defines our story...The greatest story ever told!




No comments: