Monday, May 20, 2013

The difference 2 weeks can make...

Two weeks ago I met a new friend. Her name is the most beautiful name in the world, it's Jessica. :) I met her at a book study that meets on Saturday mornings. We were the only two people to show up, which was nice because we got to know each other a little better. Since that day things have really gotten better for me here in our new town!  Below is my list of things that have happened over the last two weeks!

  • met Jessica at book study
  • Jessica invited me to join her at a pampered chef party.
  • At said party I met several other moms, several of which are stay at home moms (SAHM).
  • Jessica invited me to join the church softball team. Had the most fun I have had since moving here!
  • One of my new stay at home mom friends invited us over for play date!
  • met several of the other moms at the park to let the kids play and then walk.
  • lost 4 pounds (this has nothing to do with the other stuff, but worth mentioning) :)
  • poured out the last Diet Dr. Pepper in our fridge so that there wouldn't be any more temptation in the house. 
  • Purchased a new mattress and bedding. (again, has nothing to do with meeting new people, but it was worth mentioning because I LOVE our new bedding, still adjusting to the new mattress though)
  • Ian was invited to a birthday party for a kid that is in his Sunday School class! The whole family got to go and we got to swim, have cake and just enjoy our Saturday afternoon with a bunch of other little kiddos. 
  • I already have another walk scheduled with one of the other SAHM friends for Wednesday!
I'm really excited to see what God is going to do next! He continually proves to me that this is the place where he wants us and that he will provide for us! 

I should also mention that I am SO proud of my husband. He is such a hard worker! I know that our marriage isn't perfect and that we have our rough moments, but I couldn't imagine going through all of that (all of this change) with anyone else! 

No comments: