Tuesday, May 21, 2013

In light of recent events...

Most of you know that this week has been devastating in the lives of many Oklahoman's.  Tornado's hit our state in a horrible way. The towns of Moore and Shawnee seem to be the hardest hit, however other towns like Newcastle  and Edmond were hit as well. 

I am very grateful that the tornado's didn't end up in my town. However, I feel a strange feeling of wishing I was there with all of my friends. I know this probably sounds weird to most of you. But I have gone through so many tornado's, many of which were close by where I lived. It isn't so much that I want to be in the tornado's path, but that I want to be closer to help and comfort those that were. 

I saw this Bible verse today on Facebook, posted by Dayspring, For I am the Lord your God, Who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, "Do not fear; I will help you." Isaiah 41:13

I know that there are many organizations who are accepting donations, both cash or items that people and rescuers will need. I encourage you to find one and give to it if you can. If you can't then please pray for these families, especially those who have lost a loved one. It sounds like as of this morning (Tuesday morning) 7 children have been found dead. My heart is just broken for these families! 

If the recent evens have taught us anything it is to listen to God's voice. If he is telling you to talk to someone, give to someone or just tell someone thank you and job well done, then please PLEASE do it! For tomorrow is not promised to any of us. Make a difference in a life today!


No comments: