Friday, March 1, 2013

What is your dream job, and why?

Here is another installment of 30 things my kids should know about me: #7. What is your dream job, and why?

In a job interview at LifeWay Christian Stores (OKC location), I was asked a very similar question. I think it was more like "If I could do anything what would it be?", I'm not sure why I remember this so much. I remember my answer too! I told her that "I just wanted to be able to help people". I love helping people, whether it is to help them find a new shirt, a book or maybe a gift for another person, it has just always made me happy to see another person happy! 

So with that being said, I think I would just help people. I put together an entire power point presentation one time on my dream job. It was called Lindsey's House. It would be a maternity home for girls/women who find themselves in a crisis pregnancy situation. Whether the parents kick them out or perhaps the boyfriend or husband is abusive. I wanted to have classes to inform them of their options on parenting and adoption. Then of course have classes for them to go to, especially for those who were teenagers, they could learn things to help them be able to get a job and even their G.E.D. if they don't finish high school. 

I could really go on and on about Lindsey's house. I still would love to put this into action, even if it is on a smaller level. I would love to be able to host a girl who finds herself in a crisis pregnancy at our house. Maybe someday....

No comments: