Thursday, March 7, 2013

Skipping a few...

I am not going in order on the list of questions from the "30 things my kids should know about me" series. I figure I can either come back to them or just skip them all together. :) 

Today's topic is "Describe your most embarrassing moment." I'm pretty sure I will never forget this moment and now because I feel like putting a smile on your face you will never forget it either! 

Let me start by saying my high school drama teacher was scary. In fact I'm pretty sure I am still scared of her. You will need to keep this in mind as you finish the rest of my story. 

My freshman year in high school I auditioned for the musical. They were doing South Pacific. My sister actually got the lead roll, but that really has nothing to do with the story. I was cast as an island woman (not sure if that is really what my part was called, but there were 3 or 4 of us in that group). Basically part of the chorus. 

Anyways, it was the day that we were trying on our costumes and the director, Mrs. Brown, told me my costume was in her office and told me to go try it on. I went to her office and looked around. I found one outfit and put it on. Honestly I wasn't sure about it, and as I'm typing this I'm wondering if this was for the musical my junior year, either way it is still super embarrassing. So I go out there with this outfit on and this is what I hear...

"That isn't your costume, that is what I wore to work today!"

Oh My Goodness! I was so stinking embarrassed. I'm surprised that I didn't ask to be home schooled after that. 

Obviously I got over it and life went on. But I will always remember that as being my most embarrassing moment in life...but I'm still living, so I'm sure there will be something else. :)

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

This is hilarious!! I remember you in 9th grade. At first, you would not say a word. Then, you would not stop talking! You cracked me up!!! (Cameron and I were just discussing this!) :)