Sunday, September 14, 2008

L&D again...

So today I woke up and began to get ready for church, well before I did too much I took my blood pressure. Yes you guest it, it was high. So I figured it was just because of having moved around and stuff, so I sat on the couch for about ten minutes and took it again. Once again it was still high, I took it two more times and still high! So we called the nurse line at Mercy Birth Place and thankfully I talked to a nurse that new me from coming up there twice a week. She told me to lay down for an hour and take it again and if it hasn't gone down to call back. So for several hours the bp would go up and then go down. Which since I was just laying down was very frustrating. Then the headache came on. So we called back up to Labor and Delivery and the nurse told me to come on up so they can run some labs. Justin and I decided that since it is so close to delivery time we should just go ahead and pack up just in case my doctor decided to keep us there. So we headed up around 4ish and they got me all hooked up and had me go in a cup. Well the urine test came back showing protein in it, so then they had to take blood to double check the protein levels (or something like that, by the way high protein means pre-eclampsia). Oh and by the way my bp was fine most of the time at the hospital. They finally got the blood work back and it said I was fine. So they sent me home. Wow that was a long entry just to say I am at home and ok! :)

3 comments:

Mariah said...

I am so glad you are ok! I can't wait to meet Ian!

Liesl said...

Oh my goodness...another whirlwind day for you! I'm glad you are all packed. Thursday (actually, Wednesday) will be here before you know it! I can't wait :) I'll be praying for you this week, my friend!

Sending love and hugs your way,
Liesl

HaleyP said...

I was wondering what was going on! I thought probably your blood pressure was high since you weren't at FLOCK on Sunday. I can hardly wait to come see sweet Ian!!!!