Saturday, December 22, 2018

What did I learn from wearing make up everyday for a month?

I did it! I was able to cross off number 34 from my 40 before 40 list! I wore make up everyday for a month! 

Now you may be wondering, why? Why did I have that on my list of 40 things to do before I turn 40? Well it started out as something I wanted to do for my husband. I wanted to make sure I looked nice for him on a more regular basis. Then it turned into more of a confidence thing for me. You see when I look nice I feel more confident. When I feel more confident I tend to get more things done. 

So did I learn anything, you ask? Well yes, yes I did! Here is what I learned: 

1. This is going to sound so very vain, but I finally learned that I am beautiful on the outside. For most of my life I have always known I am beautiful on the inside. In fact I have had many people tell me that. To clarify, they did not tell me that I wasn't beautiful on the outside. However, I never believed when people told me that I was beautiful on the outside. Like okay, I might have a nice smile or maybe my eyes are pretty, but as a whole I never really felt like I was pretty. I have found, now, that I am beautiful. I'm not trying to be a braggy braggerson (sorry, I use that term with my kids all the time), but it's true. I took a lot of selfies while doing this challenge, mainly to prove that I was wearing make up that day and I saw the beauty that others saw. 




2. I don't have to go all out for it to be considered "wearing make up". I can just throw on some mascara and a little tinted chap-stick, if it's a jeans and t-shirt kind of day. When I'm dressing up more then I can go all out and wear eye shadow, eye liner, blush, lip gloss. You get the idea. 

3. Wearing make up makes me want to dress up more, even on just a stay at home all day kind of day. Being a stay at home mom, most days I find I wear what I slept in, unless I have to leave the house. However, I have found that I want to dress up more. I was recently telling my friends that I want to dress more like DJ from Fuller House! I mean her character dresses all cute and it's just a Saturday! 

   
There you go, the things I learned by wearing make up everyday! I think I will probably continue wearing make up most days. Now, I wonder what I will conquer next on my list?!?!

No comments: