It hit me this week that I am getting older. I know, I know this is something I should have already known. I mean there isn't a way to actually get younger.
What opened my eyes to the fact that I'm getting older? It was all of the younger ladies in our Sunday school class talking about turning 30! I realized that the hubs and I are the older ones of our class. I think there is one other couple who is about the hubs age.
One of the girls in our class has a list of 30 things to do before turning 30. I thought it was such a neat idea to do this, that I decided to make one for myself! Of course seeing how I have been in my 30s for a while now I can't really do a 30 before 30 list, so mine is a 40 things to do before turning 40! I had a lot fun looking this up online. A lot of people have made similar lists. It was interesting to see the things people put on their list.
I have to say that the one thing that amazed me most is that more than once I saw "get divorced" on a list! I couldn't believe it. Who would plan to get divorced? It was sad in my opinion. I hope those people are able to take that off their list, not because they got the divorce, but because they decided to stay married.
Anyway, on to my list! I have put together 40 things I want to do before turning 40. Some of these will not be shown as they are more personal, but most of them will be out there for the world to see. I want to put this out here in order to help me stay accountable. I will go through and update the list as I complete things. I have 6 years to get these done. Ready, set, go...
- Lose 100 pounds
- Go on a trip with just Justin
- Go on a trip somewhere fun with just Justin and the kids
- Sew more
- Take some sort of class, like cake decorating, photography, or crafting class *update - about to schedule a painting class for our mom's night out!
- Have all of our boxes cleared out of the garage
- Run an entire 5K race
- Go camping in the back yard
- Do a cartwheel
- Go snorkeling
- Take a self defense class
- Take a girls trip to Las Vegas with my closest girl friends
- Get my passport
- Go to a Broadway musical in New York
- Go to an OSU football game
- Be in more pictures with Justin and the kids
- Write an article and submit it to a newspaper or magazine
- Have purple highlights in my hair *update 5-28-15 got purple highlights in my hair!
- Throw a birthday party for an underprivileged kid
- Sponsor a child through compassion international
- Go to a formal event with Justin *update got dressed up in my formal on 3-7-15 and did dinner and dancing at a marriage retreat!
- Have a FRIENDS marathon weekend where I (and anyone else who wants to join me) watch all 10 seasons of FRIENDS in order. This may be more of a 2 weekend event
- Take the family to Disney World
- Re-do our wedding vows (after losing weight)
- Audition for a musical
- Make a family year book at least once
- Pay for a strangers meal
- Buy a bike and go on rides with my kids/family
- Host more get togethers
- Be able to wear a pair of boots that come to my knee
- Discover my inner Wonder Woman
- Wear makeup everyday for a month
- Buy fancy but comfy pajamas ***Update 5/20/14 purchased two pairs of cute and comfy jammies!****
- Serve others more than myself
- Do a Bible study and actually complete it
- Find a way to contribute to our families finances without compromising my role as a mom and wife ***Update 4/1/14 began my job as an independent consultant with Jamberry Nail Wraps! LOVE IT!!!***
- Have another child, either biological or through adoption
- Climb an indoor rock climbing wall