Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Breast reduction surgery...

So back in October my mom and step dad were up visiting. As we were headed to one of the boys soccer games, my mom and I began to talk about our back pains and such. We got on the topic of breast reductions. It really got me thinking about how I should talk to my new doctor about getting this done. So I made an appointment to talk to him! 

It happened really fast. One day I'm in my doctor's office, a week or so later I was meeting with a plastic surgeon! That same day we scheduled the surgery! I couldn't believe it. I was so thrilled! In fact I was so thrilled that I didn't think about all the questions I should have been asking. All that I cared about was that this was happening! 

Not long after my appointment with the plastic surgeon we got the approval letter from my insurance! Again, so thrilled that I didn't consider doing research or asking questions. 

Fast forward to January 7th. My mom came up to take care of the kids. Justin took off work so he could be my care taker after the surgery. However, God had different plans. Not sure why, but he did. I ended up in the ER that night because of a bite of chicken getting stuck in my esophagus. I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to do the surgery the next morning. However, the nurses and doctors there seemed to think I would be okay. So the next morning, bright and early, we headed to the surgery facility. Only to be told they were about to call me to tell me that the surgery had to be re-scheduled because of my ER trip the night before. Since I had to be put out the night before they didn't want to put me out with in 24 hours of it. Needless to say I was pretty disappointed. Thankfully, though, they were able to put me in on Friday morning. So not all was lost. My mom was still here and Justin went back to work for the next 2 days and just took off Friday and Monday. The kids and I got to hang out with my mom, Nana. It was pretty nice actually! 

So I am going to end this post with my before picture. Stay tuned to the next post (I should be typing it today) to find out more about the surgery, recovery and after pictures!

This was the morning of my first scheduled surgery. I was smiling and SO excited!

The morning of the actual surgery. I was a little less excited, probably because I was tired and hungry. But still ready to not be so big on top!

No comments: