Friday, August 2, 2013

Things I've learned...

1. Being a Stay at Home Mom isn't as wonderful as it sounds. Do I love my boys? Yes. Do I enjoy staying home with them? Most days. Just like any other job, you have good days and bad days. Embrace the good and forgive the bad. Remember why you do this job and getting through the day will become doable.

2. Loosing weight is hard. Putting it on is easy. Plain and simple.

3. Praying with out ceasing is something I want to be able to do, but with a 3 yo and 4 1/2 yo it is hard.

4. Impromptu silliness with your kids and husband is the best kind. When you plan things they can go wrong, but when it just happens, it is great and you have no expectations!

5. People change, including you. Are you the same person you were when you were 20? I know I'm not. So why do people expect their spouse to be the "same person they married"? Being married takes work, forgiveness and the ability to accept change, both in your circumstances and in your spouse.

6. Being addicted to Diet Dr. Pepper is not an easy addiction to break. Why? Because it technically isn't bad for you, so drinking it is okay.

7. When God tells you something, whether to wait or to do something, then obey. You will find much happiness in doing so. Even if it takes a while before that happiness comes, it will. Keep trusting in the one who is stronger and bigger than anything or anyone!

8. Trying new things can be scary and fun.

9. Cartoons are lame, yet I sometimes I find myself watching them just as intently as my kids do.

10. Friends are irreplaceable. You can make new ones, but the ones you have are each unique and special in their own way! Try not to take them for granted. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Praying without ceasing may not be so easy to accomplish; but, doing as the Bible says (assuming that is the sort of praying you are talking about)in speaking to and teaching your children about God, throughout the day, no matter what you are doing, is a worthy goal to work toward.

You sound like a lovely mother.