Wednesday, September 26, 2012

How the T.V. effects my kids...

For years upon years I have heard the arguments of people who either think that T.V., movies or video games will effect how our kids behave or they think it won't.  Well I am here to tell you it does!

My 4 year old Ian loves to watch cartoons. We try and have him watch ones that are somewhat educational. So we switch between the Disney channel and PBS kids. There is a show on PBS kids called Super Why. Basically this group of kids helps a character in a story by changing the out come of the story. Now that sounds harmless enough. 

Until...

Ian uses the words of Super Why in arguments. When I tell him no he can't do something, he follows it with "that isn't in the story." or with "I'm changing your story". He is using what is meant for good for evil! Okay, evil may be an exaggeration, but seriously, I have told him he can't watch that show anymore! 

So for those who have ever wondered if T.V., movies or video games can effect our kids, well there is your answer! YES!!!

No comments: