Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Migraines...

I hate migraines. I mean is there anyone out there that really likes them? I'd say probably not. 

For me, I seem to have three stages of migraines. I thought I would write a little bit about them so those who don't understand can get a better understanding of what I go through. 

Stage 1 migraine: This is typically the way most of my migraines start. I try to take my migraine medicine as fast as I can. If I don't take it then it will almost guarantee that it will move on to a worse stage. I sometimes consider this a functional migraine. Basically I have stuff that has to be done and if my migraine stays in this stage I can do those, even thought I am in pain. Sensitivity to light and sound are also present, but not super severe. 

Stage 2 migraine: I don't usually start at this stage during the day. It is possible that I wake up with a stage 2 migraine though. If I reach this stage during the day it is because I didn't take my medicine quick enough or it just didn't work. I typically have to lay down with this migraine. The couch will work, but I do prefer the bed. If I have important things to be done they will have to wait. Ice packs help in addition to an eye mask. For sure have sensitivity to light and sound. 

Stage 3 migraine: This is for sure the worst. Like stage two it doesn't start like this if I am awake. If I reach this point during the day it is because I didn't take my medicine quick enough or it just didn't work. I have to lay down for this one. It has to be in bed. For sure sensitivity to light and sound. Nausea big time. Often times it results in throwing up. If I can take some anti-nausea meds before it gets bad then it will help. If I wait to long then I can't take it because of the nausea. This type of migraine will cause me to be exhausted the next day too. 

If you deal with migraines, I am so sorry. If you don't, count yourself blessed. Maybe this will help you understand someone who struggles with migraines. 

No comments: