Sunday, March 7, 2021

Day one...

 It has been a while since I have talked about me. Well that isn't true, I talk about me all the time. Let me start over. It has been a while since I have updated you on who I am. There we go, that is better. :) 

My name is Jessica. I am currently a stay at home mom. I have two boys, a 12 year old and a 10 year old, and a husband of 14 years. We have a cat named Waffles. 

My current passion is volunteering at our local pregnancy resource center. If your town has one of these then you know how important it can be to woman who find themselves pregnant and without family or friends to help them. We are an organization that can give them hope, resources, and most importantly share the love of Christ with them. I currently am just the receptionist, but I can't wait to get more involved. 

We "home school" our kids. I put that in quotes because it is more like school at home. It is called Epic Charter school and it is public school online. Currently my kids are doing great at it. We have done this for the past 4 years, gone through 4 teachers, 3 of which we liked. That is the great thing about Epic is that if you don't click with your teacher, you can totally request a different one! I am so glad we did this year. Our current teacher is great and we even have one of our former favorite teachers as our principle! *Side story, our first Epic teacher, Sarah Philpot, is now an author! You can buy it here"In this story the town's favorite storyteller, The Fable King, feels like a constant failure because of his dyslexia. But he's not a failure! He has an amazing ability." I'm SO proud of her and just had to share this on here! 

I'm not sure what else to share with you. I recently turned 40 and nearly completed my 40 before 40 list! I was so close to finishing that. I think I actually went through a day of depression the day before I turned 40 because of the fact that I no longer had that goal in mind to look forward to. 

Okay, day 1 of the blog challenge done! Oh I am supposed to share a recent picture of me. I think the most recent good one is the one I shared on here the other day, so I will just re-use it. :) 



No comments: